1. How hard are the hikes? What level of hiker do you have to be to participate?
You do not need to be an experienced hiker for our hikes. They are designed for the casual hiker but you should be comfortable going up and down hills and there are a few steep spots. Our main hike is approximately 2 miles long and takes about an hour.
2. How do I reserve a spot with Wine Hikers?
Simply choose a date over there on the right, go to the Reservation Page (Click "Reserve" above), and fill out the reservation form.
3. I have a voucher from LivingSocial, HalfOffDepot, Groupon or other site, or a gift certificate. How do I redeem it?
Visit the reserve page and enter the site you purchased your voucher from and the voucher number.
4. I would like to purchase a gift certificate for a friend. How do I do that? Can I convert my LivingSocial, Groupon, HalfOffDepot or other voucher into a gift certificate?
You can purchase a gift certificate from us on the reserve page. You can have your certificate emailed to you via PDF or we can mail you a physical copy. If you have an existing voucher, contact us via the reserve page and we'll send you a gift certificate to use.
5. I had a conflict and have to cancel – what do I do?
Contact us via email and we will provide you a voucher for future use. As each event has limited occupancy and is arranged in advance, all sales are final and non-refundable. Wine Hikers may cancel the event due to inclement weather. In that case, the event will be rescheduled. If you cannot attend on the rescheduled date, then you will be issued a voucher for future use. You must inform Wine Hikers, LLC of your desire to use the voucher when rescheduling.
6. What happens if the weather is bad?
We hike through most weather unless we determine that hiking would be dangerous (thunderstorms, ice etc). In some cases, Wine Hikers may cancel the event due to inclement weather. In that case, the event will be rescheduled. If you cannot attend on the rescheduled date, then you will be issued a voucher for future use. You must inform Wine Hikers, LLC of your desire to use the voucher when rescheduling.
7. Will I be required to sign a waiver?
Yes, before the hike all participants will be required to sign a liability waiver.
8. What happens if I get hurt on the hike?
Our hikes are very casual, so the chance of being injured is slim. However, accidents happen and we have both been certified in CPR and First Aid. Also, in the event of an emergency, we have a contingency plan in place with the winery.
9. I’ve never done a wine tasting before and I’m intimidated. Help!
You will be served by a knowledgeable employee of the winery (in some cases the owner), who can help with any questions. No prior wine knowledge needed.
10. Do I need a designated driver?
In a wine tasting, you are typically be served a total amount equal to one glass of wine. However, we definitely feel that it's better to be safe than sorry.
11. How do I sign up for updates from Wine Hikers?
Please use the social buttons to the right and follow us. We will also have a newsletter.
12. I want to bring a group on a wine hike. Do you offer discounted rates?
We can customize a hike for groups of 10-12. Please contact us with details.
13. Can I bring my children?
While we do not prohibit you from bringing your children, our hikes and designed for adult participants. We do not currently offer child rates.
14. Can I bring my dog?
We love dogs! But unfortunately, for the safety of our hikers and your pups, we ask that you leave your dog(s) at home.
15. Can I eat at the winery/tasting room?
Unfortunately, most of the wineries we visit do not have a restaurant attached, but we will be in short driving distance to restaurants in Helen or Dahlonega.